I have completed my coupon binder! It took some work. I am a bit apprehensive about using it, but my next grocery trip won’t be for another week so I have time to prepare! If you read my post about organizing you know there are different options to get your coupons in order.
So for my binder I had to go cheap since I wanted to get it put together ASAP. I found things around the house and a few from my parents house 🙂
Notebook dividers with tabs
3-4 pencil holders (still have to get)
Full sheet page protectors
Baseball card holder sheets ($4.99 at Target for 30)
Optional things I haven’t added
4X6 Photo sheets or similar
Order of my binder:
• Pencil holders – I plan to use on for each store so I can put my list, coupons and any other specific store related items
• One Sheet Protector – for huge coupons and soon to expire coupons.
• Notebook dividers – I put these in order based on the aisles in my store.
o Hair Care
o Oral Care
o Soap/Body Wash
o Policies (to be covered in another post!)
– Has a sheet protector for each store
o Food Out
– Has a sheet protector with all my restaurant coupons
• In the back pocket of the binder I put this week’s Ads for each store. At first I was going to put these in a sheet protector, but it was too thick.
In between each divider I have baseball card holders. It will depend on how many coupons you have as to how many card holders you will need. I trimmed my coupons on all edges so they would fit into the holders. I put the exact same coupons (same item(s) and same amount off) in the same slots with the one that is expiring the soonest on the outside. I tried to keep like items together. For example in the Laundry section the detergent is together and the dryer sheets are together. This just makes it easier to look over what you have.
Some people use the photo protectors for larger coupons.
Be sure when you trim your coupons not to clip off the dates or barcode. I also was careful to fold any larger coupons so I wasn’t creasing the barcode, just in case!
Check out my thoughts on my first use of my binder!
Please remember to subscribe and get blog updates in your inbox! Check it out –> –>